Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Halloween

Here's a recap on our Halloween festivities:

It started out with me seeing these pumpkins on MSN.


'Black


They're pretty awesome, right? So, Gina and I decided to give it a try. Instead of carving pumpkins, we painted them white and then added some black detailing to them. Ours turned out almost as good. Brad was on baby duty.




Then, we had our ward halloween chilli cook off. Brad went as a construction worker, Eva was a cheerleader, and I was a witch. We ate delicious chilli, tons of candy, and got to see the fun costumes that our friends had come up with. In case you are wondering, about 3 minutes after we arrived Eva at a piece of her megaphone, so I had to take it off. Then, she started pulling apart her pom-pom, so I had to take that off also. After that, she started grabbing at her headband.... you get the idea.


The next week, Eva and I went to "book babies" at the library. They sing songs, read a book, and sometimes even get to play with bubbles. Eva loves to go, especially because her BFF Hailey goes too. Because of Halloween, the babies got to come in costume. Eva was a cheerleader and Hailey a tennis player.



The last part of our Halloween celebration was taking Eva on her first trick-or-treating trip. Brad, Eva, Renae, Hailey, and I went to the mall and took the babies trick-or-treating. It was packed, so we didn't stay for long. Eva cleaned up pretty well for a baby who has no teeth, doesn't eat candy, and prefers to eat the plastic trick-or-treating bag instead. Good job, Eva!

(pictures to come later)

Overall, it was a fun Halloween. Nothing is better then family, friends, and candy all rolled into one!

2 comments:

  1. Cute pics. I love the pumpkins. We got sick so we didn't do anything with ours. Looks like you guys had a ton of fun...kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw those pumpkins on msn and thought they were really cool too! Glad you stepped up and made them! You sure have a cute little cheerleader!

    ReplyDelete