
Warning: these experiences may only be funny to the biased mother who thinks everything Eva does is a)brilliant, b)adorable, and c)hilarious. Yes, that is me, not you. So if you choose not to finish reading this post, I understand. Or if you read this post and are greatly disappointed that it is actually not that funny... hey... you were warned.
Instead, the Q-tip hit her eye. Luckily, it was her eyelid. Near the bone right above the eye, so she had not actually stabbed herself in the eye. She proceeded to stick the Q-tip into the eyelid area. I quickly tried to grab the Q-tip from her before injury occurred and I was surprised to find out that she had a vice-like grip on the thing. This girl was bound and determined to clean out her ears on her own, just like mommy had. Well, believe it or not, I have been going to the gym, and I am stronger than her so eventually I was able to get the Q-tips from her and help her clean out her ears.
Next, I went to get a snack ready for her and she started to do her daily job of pulling out as many DVDs from our ottoman storage as possible. She lifted up the lid and the first DVD she grabbed was the A&E version of Pride & Prejudice (the one with Colin Firth - insert sigh, right?) I was watching her from the kitchen, doing something home-makey, as she turned the DVD right-side-up, upside down, then right-side-up in her hand, repeat. She was just doing her ritual of checking the whole thing out with very close inspection. Suddenly, she stopped, the DVD cover was facing her. She brought it up close to her face, leaned in, and kissed Colin Firth! I laughed out loud. I have so many thoughts about this: She's kissing Mr. Darcy? This proves it, she is my daughter; Mr. Darcy sweeps women off their feet at any age; and should I be worried that my one-year-old is already in love with one of the biggest fictional character heart-throbs of all time? Oh Eva, you take after your mother in more ways than you know. Weirdo!
Haha, silly Eva. Already swooning over the boys. You're in for it. :)
ReplyDeleteIsn't it funny the things that kids pick up on? Hailey has grabbed Q-tips a couple of times too and stuck them in her ears to clean them, just like Mom and Dad do.
We miss you guys!
hehe I can't wait to meet her!
ReplyDeleteOh my Holly...Eva may be the cutest little girl ever!! (and she obviously knows how cute she is since she's going after Mr. Darcy!)
ReplyDelete