Monday, June 13, 2011

Sleeping, Raining, Crafting

Eva fell asleep while eating after church one Sunday. Church for Eva pretty much means walking laps around the church while screaming. Very tiring for a little girl. (Video below)

We were surprised one evening with some relief from the heat through a rainstorm. Brad, Eva, and I went outside to watch the rain. We decided to let Eva walk and play in the rain. She loved it! Her favorite place to stand was right under the roof where the rain would fall off and plop on her head and face. Even Daddy walked out in the rain to do some exploring with her. Then, we wrapped her in a towel and rushed her upstairs to a warm bath and pajamas. (Video below)






Here's a craft I made while we were living in Kennewick. I was inspired by this craft I saw on howdoesshe.com http://www.howdoesshe.com/26-abcs. Mine is definitely not as cute, but I was pleased with how they turned out. I finally hung them up in Eva's room recently. They have been sitting in her closet for almost 3 months! She loves to look at them and sing the alphabet song while we point to them.


Videos of Eva playing in the rain and Eva falling asleep in her high chair after church. As I have said before, I am probably the most annoying video taker ever, so I'm sorry. Maybe you could enjoy it better with the sound off? Enjoy!

9 comments:

  1. im love everything about this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your alphabet it is so cute! Eva is such as sweetie! haha so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way cute alphabet! I may need to copy that...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, your alphabet set is amazing! It looks very professional! One of my favorite things about SC was the rain, it's just so intense! I also loved watching the road steam up from it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh goodness that girl is cute!
    Love you guys! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holly! Your alphabet is so stinking cute! I love, love it! Eva is also way cute. Church is rough, isn't it? I'm glad you got a video of her falling asleep, I think it's so funny! By the way, my computer doesn't have sound, so I never get to hear the sound on your videos and totally wish I did. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, I looked at the link at How Does She, and I totally like your alphabet better. I like your take on it. Good work Dickman!

    ReplyDelete
  8. HA! Love it. I love that she is still a happy girl when she is so tired. She wakes up and smiles over at you right before struggling to stay awake...and failing. Ha ha. SO precious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay! I totally like your alphabet better than the one that you linked to. I may just have to steal that idea even though mine won't turn out nearly as cute. I love it!! And how cute are those pictures of her in the rain?!

    ReplyDelete