Sunday, July 3, 2011

Visit from the Grandparents - Middleton Plantation

(Grandpa & Eva.)

(Eva putting stickers on Grandma's arm.)

(Brad, Eva, Holly, Cherubs, Grandpa in Middleton Place garden.)

(Eva the cherub.)

(Beautiful gardens and landscaping at Middleton Place Plantation.)

(Alligator spotted on our walk around the garden. Shot of Brad getting as close as possible before I have a total meltdown, of course being encouraged by my father the entire time.)

(My pictures just don't do the beautiful garden justice.)

(Graveyard at the plantation. This was actually not where the bodies were buried. Spooky!)

(Eva spotted a peacock. Later he fanned out his feathers for us and some of his lady friends.)

(Brad showing Eva the stinky animals at the plantation.)

(Grandma, Brad, Eva, and Grandpa walking around the plantation.)

(Brad, Eva, Grandpa, and Grandma posing at the beginning of our walk around the plantation.)

(What you see at the beginning of the Middleton Place Plantation. We took a tour in the guest home that is shown above.)
In mid-June, my parents came to visit us. We were all so excited to see family and to have someone to show our new southern place of residence to. Eva and I drove to pick them up from the Greenville/Spartanburg airport. Eva warmed up to their attention immediately. They became instant playmates. From that moment on she was constantly looking to play with Grandma or Grandpa.
The first day they came we drove to Charleston, SC. We toured around the Middleton Plantation. The gardens were beautiful and one of the Middleton men was a signer of the Declaration of Independence. Much of the original housing was destroyed during the civil war, but one house (originally used for guests) has been restored. It was very cool to learn about the history of the place and the Middleton family. I felt like I had been dropped in a Jane Austen movie--and I loved that feeling!


1 comment:

  1. So fun to have family come visit. I didn't know there were gators in SC!??

    ReplyDelete