Over the Labor Day weekend Grandma & Grandpa Blodgett along with Uncle Brad came to visit us in the South! They flew into Atlanta on Friday, where Brad, Eva, and I picked them up. We then drove that night to stay the night just outside of Birmingham, AL. Saturday morning we woke up and drove the rest of the way to Mississippi. We got to go to the BYU football game vs. Ole Miss. The first game of the college football season! The tailgating at Ole Miss was amazing. I have never seen so many different tents set up with tailgaters partying before a game. Apparently it is something that the school is famous for, and I can understand why. I was also amazed at how nice the college girls looked. They dressed up to go the football game. Very different than what I was used to at BYU. They had their hair done and wore cute sundresses and heels. The Ole Miss boys also dressed up. They wore mostly polos and khakis. The game was fun, and BYU pulled out a win in the 4th quarter. Eva did surprisingly well. We spent about half of the game walking around but we met a lot of friendly Ole Miss fans.
BYU cougarettes and Cosmo. Notice the newest member of the cheer team?
After the game we drove just outside of Tennessee to spend the night. We woke up on Sunday at decided to hit Graceland. This tourist attraction ended up being really interesting. We took a tour of Elvis Presley's mansion and learned a lot about his musical career and personal life. After a few hours spent there, we traveled into Chatanooga, TN.
Elivs' famous sequin suits.
Elvis Presley's headstone.
The next morning we woke up and it was pouring rain. The whole weekend we had been driving on the very outskirts of Tropical Storm Lee. The rain finally hit us the worst on the last day of our trip. We decided to visit the tourist spot Ruby Falls in Chatanooga before heading back to Atlanta.
Ruby Falls was absolutely beautiful. We walked for about a mile underground and reach an underground waterfall that stands 145 ft tall. It was fascinating to learn about the men who had discovered the cavern and the waterfall inside. Because of the rain, I didn't bring my camera to this attraction, but I really wish I would have. It was so beautiful.
After Ruby Falls, we drove back to Atlanta and dropped my family off at the airport so they could fly home to WA. Brad, Eva, and I drove back to Simpsonville. It was a fast and furious weekend full of driving and site seeing. It was fun to spend time with family and I'm glad we got the chance to explore a little bit of the south!
A few days after our weekend of traveling, we celebrated Brad's 28th birthday! Happy birthday to my favorite husband and father! I love you!
Fun! I'm glad you guys ventured a little west and got to see some other parts of the South! And... Happy Birthday Brad!
ReplyDeleteEva looks so cute in her cheer outfit! haha. Brad is OLD! jk, happy birthday Brad!
ReplyDelete