Elmo (Sesame Street) is the only TV show that Eva has really ever watched or shown interest for. I think it all started because we had a couple books with Elmo in them. Then, when she saw that Elmo had a show about him, she was hooked. She has loved Elmo ever since. She has also come to love the other characters, specifically Cookie Monster, Big Bird, Ernie, and Abby. At first I was pretty against getting a child to like or watch a TV show, but I can no longer feel that way. I have to admit that I also love Elmo. It gives me some private time to actually enjoy a shower and get my hair done. The show has also saved us from some stressful traveling situations. Yep, Sesame Street is definitely a favorite at our house.
Eva got an Elmo stuffed animal from her grandma and grandpa a few months ago and she has been extra in love ever since. She loves to put him down for naps in the bassinet that is being stored in her room, she loves to feed him her fishy crackers, she loves to hide him under blankets and play peek-a-boo with him, she loves to go into her box house and talk with him, she loves to give him rides up and down the hall way on the play lawn mower, and she loves to dance with him. Even Cookie Monster has joined her stuffed animal collection recently, and he is now included with Elmo in most of Eva's play time.
Elmo Makes Music Live came to Greenville and we knew that Eva would love to go. The tickets were pricey when I looked into a little further, so I didn't really give it a second thought. Then, the day of the show, I saw a commercial for a very reasonable price, and I checked the tickets once more. Luckily the price was much more in my comfort zone, so I jumped on it and got Brad, Eva, and I tickets to see the show.
The show was basically an episode of Sesame Street. The costumes were fabulous and there was lots of cute music and dancing. They even included a number and letter of the day. The best part of the show for Eva was when they did a little Elmo's World bit. Mr. Noodle even made an appearance.
Eva's reaction to the whole thing went something like this: She started to cry when the lights went out and the music started up. She froze up and sat stoned face for a good 30-40 minutes just staring at the Sesame Street characters on stage. Then we had a brief intermission and she loosened up quite a bit. After the intermission she started clapping and laughing along with the songs. For the last few songs she got down off of Brad's lap and danced to the music. She was so hyper and happy that she was throwing down dance moves that I had never seen. She was really getting into it. At the end she waved bye-bye to Elmo a thousand times, and then whined when we left the auditorium. Knowing that she loved the show so much made my night and definitely made the tickets to the show seem priceless.
Brad, Cookie Monster, Eva, and Elmo walking to the Bi-Lo Center.
Eva posing by an Elmo cutout before the show.
I only put this picture up to prove that I was there. I actually hate this picture of myself, so please move on to the next picture quickly.
Brad and Eva's "cheese" smile waiting for the show to start. Is it just me, or is her "cheese" smile kind of scary?
Abby, Cookie Monster, and Elmo on stage.
Eva intently watching the show.
Eva clapping along to the music.
Eva saying bye to Elmo after the show.
I wish I could post the videos of Eva dancing at the show, but the video turned out too dark. Oh well, these videos will have to do.
Maybe I won't get the Mom of the Year Award because my 18 month old has a slightly unhealthy obsession with a TV show, but I don't care. She is just too adorable and happy when it comes to Elmo.
im so glad we could skype-it made my day!!
ReplyDeleteThat picture of you is adorable! You're looking good! This is so fun!
ReplyDeleteHey friend!! It is so exciting to see how big and cute Eva is! And I can't wait to see what your little boy will look like:) I wouldn't worry too much about the girl liking tv- my little sister's baby Zoey has been addicted to Despicable Me since she was 3 months old. She won't take a nap unless it is on, and my sister quickly gave up feeling guilt because she valued nap time too much:)
ReplyDeleteI will have to send you some pictures on facebook or something of Jess and I in My Fair Lady. It is super fun working with her, and we make some pretty awesome "ladies of the night"... And we are constantly saying "we should totally tell Holly about this!" after about every 3rd thing that happens to us. So know you are loved and missed by two crazy college roommates, still stuck here in the U-T.
Sesame Street Live came to Kennewick in August. Sounds like it was a different show than what you guys saw, but still Sesame Street. My mom and I took Hailey to it. She loved it too! She wouldn't sit down. She wanted to get up and dance the whole time. I meant to blog about it forever ago. Maybe I still will. Your pictures turned out way better than mine. Did they have Elmo balloons for sale at intermission? For $10 a piece!? Ridiculous! Anyway, I'm glad Eva loved it. Don't feel bad about her loving Elmo. Hailey does too, and sometimes it totally is a lifesaver.
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh she is the cutest little girl ever. And thank you for finally posting a picture of yourself. You look great, silly! You make an adorable pregnant mommy.
ReplyDelete