It's that pumpkin pickin' time of year and I was determined to have a pumpkin patch experience with Eva. We drove out to a farm about 20 minutes away from home called Stewart Farms. When we got there it looked pretty empty except for a school bus full of kids. I went into their store and asked if they were open. The kind man told me that the pumpkin patch didn't open until 4 pm that day and it was only 10:30 am. But, he said he would never turn away a pregnant woman so he let us stay. He also rolled off a few pregnancy jokes (okay, it actually was at least 4 jokes) one of them being "Just remember, we aren't a pizza hut! We don't do deliveries!" He was pretty awesome. Anyway, he let us stay, so we got the pumpkin patch to ourselves! It worked out pretty well, but I would definitely recommend looking at the hours the patch is open before making the trip there.
Eva's cheesy smile in it's full glory!
We like to pretend that we spent a few minutes explaining to Eva how a pumpkin grows, but I just made Brad and Eva pose by the picture. Maybe in a few years when we look back we'll think we actually made a little lesson out of this adventure for Eva.
Eva picked out a pumpkin for me. It pretty much is the same size as my little pumpkin baby belly. When I see this picture one of the earlier mentioned pregnancy jokes that the farmer cracked makes more sense: "Are you sure you didn't already eat one of the pumpkins?" (Notice the little hands reaching up to take a turn holding the pumpkin?)
Eva found a pumpkin the perfect size for her with help from Daddy.
She loves her pumpkin so much she was giving it some pretty good hugs.
I know it is hard to tell if she is happy or being tortured in this picture, but I assure you this is the face of pure joy. She is ecstatic that she is holding her pumpkin on her own. I believe this large smile was accompanied with a high-pitch squeal.
Eva finally got too frustrated tripping over the vines so she had a good melt down moment. This is a shot of her sitting on a dirt path and screaming/crying while Brad and I searched for his perfect pumpkin.
Oh my gosh. I loved those jokes. I might enjoy them more because I'm not pregnant, and don't get pregnancy comments daily. They gave me a pretty good laugh. I'm glad you took Eva to the pumpkin patch. I'm sure she loved it! Poor Hailey, I'm lame and the pumpkin patch and carving pumpkins isn't on my list of things to do this year. Maybe next year. :)
ReplyDeleteFun! That's awesome that the old man let you stay. Those folks at Stewarts are sweet.
ReplyDelete