Friday, November 16, 2012

Shhh! It's a Suprise!

So, with the holidays coming up, I've been thinking a lot about traditions. Having a 2-year-old makes it seem like there is a lot more pressure to start our own family traditions. We didn't really care what we did up until now, because we knew she'd forget them anyway. Now she's got a mind like a steel trap. The girl never forgets! So, I knew that it was time to get some traditions of our own. I had been looking up some ideas on pinterest and I stumbled upon an advent calendar just for the hubby. I often ask myself why I would expect Brad to surprise me with flowers or treats or compliments if I am not doing the same for him? However, Brad really does surprise me with flowers, or treats, or compliments, and I have yet to do the same for him. My surprises to him are usually a clean house (Surprise!) or and home cooked meal (Surprise!). So... I've been needing to amp up the surprise and pampering on my end. Anyway, I'm so excited about the surprise. I completed 25 cards. Each day he'll get to read one (you probably know how an advent calendar works) all the way up to Christmas. About 10 or so are compliment cards, and the rest are a mix of service that I will do for him, romantic activities just for the two of us, or holiday activities that we'll do with the kids. I'm going to put it up the morning of Dec 1 before he wakes up. And don't worry, blogging about it won't ruin the surprise. Brad only checks our blog if I force him to :)
 

 
Want to make your hubby an advent calendar? Here are the links I used:
http://lilluna.com/christmas-countdown-cards/ - please ignore their cuteness and my non-cuteness.

4 comments:

  1. Fun! I've been wanting to make an advent calendar for a couple years now and just haven't done it yet. I don't think it's going to happen this year. Hopefully next year. I think they are so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did this for Andy last year! It was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've done this for Chadd as well! I think it's a super idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great idea, I'm always looking for ways to surprise Tyler. Is it just me or are girls easier to "romance" than guys. Keep the ideas coming!

    ReplyDelete