Monday, May 2, 2011

Easter?


Confession: I did nothing for Eva on Easter.

I was looking forward to Easter for a month before it happened. Brad and I talked about the traditions we wanted to start, I brainstormed what to put in Eva's easter basket, and I knew that Eva would love finding the eggs (she is into hiding/finding things- very helpful when she cleans out all the "treasures" that are hiding in the couch.), plus this would be a good lesson on Christ and the resurrection. Unfortunately, Easter came and went and we didn't do anything by ourselves as a family. That's right... I'm a terrible mother. Eva's first (well second, but she was only a few weeks old the for the first one, so it doesn't count) Easter came and went and we did nothing that we had talked about or planned on doing. Oh well. Hopefully Eva will never realize that her mother failed her on her 1st Easter. (Ok, well technically her 2nd Easter...)

Luckily we did particpate in some happy Easter festivities, so it was not all forgotten. A week before Easter, Eva was invited to an egg hunt at a friend's house. She found 3 eggs in the time all the other younger-than-2 kids found about 12 eggs. You can't blame her though, she is a new walker, and walking over the grass and small bumps in the yard was a little rough.


Did you notice her easter basket? Oh, don't worry, I didn't make it. Maybe if I had, that would have redeemed my mother reputation. Nope, not me. A friend that I've made here in South Carolina (Julie) made it for Eva for her birthday. Isn't it the most adorable basket you've ever seen? She did a fantastic job on it! I love it!

By the way, the friend who made the basket is the same friend who had the party. It was such a cute Easter party! There was cardboard egg decorating, blindfold putting the egg in the basket (like pin the tail on the donkey) and an egg hunt. Plus we left with really cute party favors of a peep on a "nest" that was like a rice krispie treat. So crafty and cute!

On Easter we were fortunate enough to be invited to an Easter dinner at the Powell's house. Emily, a friend from high school, was visiting her parents who live here in South Carolina, and they invited us over. It was so fun to be around such a loving family, and some good friends from the west. It really made our Easter day! Plus, the food (ham, prime rib, and amazing sides) were delicious. I thought my stomache was going to explode after.

So there you have it, Eva did have an Easter egg hunt and we did have an Easter dinner, but none of it was done by me. The eggs and candy, the egg dye, and the easter basket for Eva are still in the closet waiting to be used. I should be put in the mother's hall of shame! Unfortunately, I only know this will not be the first time I mess up.

One good thing I did do for Eva this Easter? I bought her her fabulous "funny bunny" shirt and her fashionable jegging capris that she is wearing at the easter egg hunt.

3 comments:

  1. Don't worry about not doing anything. Eva won't remember and really doesn't care. I was wanting to do lots of fun things with Hailey too, and was so concerned about giving Hailey a fun Easter. But... she could care less. So... you're definitely not going in the mother's hall of shame. :)

    Also... it's so fun to see Eva standing and walking all on her own! She's gotten so big!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was reading this thinking..."This is totally what is going to happen to me all the time." Glad to know I will not be alone. And I think her outfit is darling so you totally redeemed yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so funny:) I'm pretty sure she will hold no recollection of this moment in her history- the important thing is you took pictures. This means you can claim all the activities as yours in the future, and she'll never know!

    ReplyDelete