Eva woke up at 6:30 A.M. Brad took her downstairs to get her breakfast while I got to sleep in another 45 minutes.
Brad made me a delicious breakfast in bed: fave cereal, bacon, and hashbrowns. Yum!!
Brad sent Eva into our room with a surprise gift for mommy: A beautiful necklace that I love!
Brad watched Eva the whole time during church. (I must admit, he does this pretty much every week. I love it!)
Brad changed almost every diaper. I think the only diaper he didn't change was one because he was in the middle of cooking me dinner!
Brad cooked me dinner. Soooo good!
Brad made me a special mother's day fudgey-cake.
As you can see, I have been spoiled this mother's day. I am sad that it is going by so fast. Too bad mother's day can't come around more often!
Now for some more serious thoughts: I am so grateful for being a mother. I feel so blessed to be a mother, especially to Eva. I have learned so much about myself through this process and I have built a closer relationship with my husband, my parents, my husband's family, and my Heavenly Father and Savior.
On Mother's Day I have to give a shout-out to my own mother. I am only beginning to understand the strength that she has. I remember how surprising it was to me how much I loved Eva right away. It helped me see a little more clearly how much my mother loves me. I am so grateful for her example.
Just the other day,
after having Eva in my life for over a year, I had a realization. I was driving down the freeway headed home after dropping Brad off at work. Eva was in her car seat making some weird noises. I looked in my rear view mirror and saw a fountain of vomit coming from her mouth. She was crying and vomitting all at once. When we got home I cringed at what she was covered in. She was crying and reaching her arms out to be held. I picked her up in my arms and hugged her all the way into the bathtub where she could clean up. Once she was in the tub I evaluated the damage. I had throw-up on my shirt, in my hair, up and down my arms. Then, I remembered the throw-up that was still in the car seat. The smell was putrid. I stood there and clearly thought, "I don't want to clean this up. There is no one else here to do it. I am her mother. I have to clean it up." So, I guess it took one year and a lot of throw-up for reality to finally sink in that I am someone's mother. And no matter how much I don't want to do something, I am going to do it, for her.
Anyway, the above incidence just made me even more grateful for my mom. How many times has she cleaned up my throw-up and loved me all the same? And throw-up is not even the worst of the messes I have made in my life that she has helped me through. I hope that one day I can be as good a mother as she is. I love you, mommy!
Happy Mother's Day Holly! You are a much better mother than me. Remember that one time that Hailey peed, slipped in her pee, cried and wanted me to pick her up, but I didn't want to pick her up because I didn't want to get pee all over me... Yeah, much better mother. :)
ReplyDeleteHappy Mother's Day!
ReplyDeleteHolly,
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad Brad treated you well on Mother's Day- you deserve it - you are the best mommy to Eva! Your tribute to your mother here is wonderful, I hope she reads it.
We love you!!!! (You too, Brad :)