Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Visit from the Grandparents - Boardwalk & Broadway at Myrtle Beach


(Grandma & Grandpa waiting for dinner on the boardwalk at Myrtle Beach.)


(Eva waiting patiently for her food on the boardwalk. And nibbling on a toy.)



(Brad and I also waiting for our food on the boardwalk at Myrtle Beach.)


(Eva, Holly, Grandma & Grandpa on the boardwalk. Eva is not happy about being put back in her stroller after dinner.)


(A view of Myrtle Beach from the boardwalk.)


(On the boardwalk, Eva got to ride her first carnival ride. No, she wasn't tall enough or old enough, and not buckled in, but the teenage kid running the ride didn't care. Eva hated the ride. It was too scary and bumpy for her. Please ignore my awkward face in this photo.)


(Buying the fish food to feed the crazy fat fish at Broadway at the Beach in Myrtle Beach.)


(The crazy fat fish waiting impatiently for their food.)


(Eva fell asleep in her stroller while walking around Broadway at the Beach. Too much partying for such a little body.)


(Just an example of the cool stores/decorations they had around Broadway at the Beach. So fun to walk around and look at.)


(Eva woke up in time to convince Grandma & Grandpa to buy her an Elmo stuffed animal. This is their first eye contact and I caught it on film. Very special.)


(Eva's pure elation as she hugs her Elmo stuffed animal right after she got him. Pure elation.)


(I obviously messed up when taking this picture, it is way too dark, but I had to put it up. It shows how Eva carried Elmo in her arms the rest of the night. She would frequently put her hand on his back and pat it over and over as she squeezed him. True love.)

.
(A great awkward photo of Brad and I outside of a restaurant while we were walking around Broadway at the Beach in Myrtle Beach.)


On the second day of our visit from Grandma & Grandpa, we drove from Charleston to Myrtle Beach, SC. We stayed at the Anderson Hotel. It was fun to be right on the beach, crammed in with hundreds of other hotels/motels. We spent the afternoon on the beach (pictures to come later) and then that evening we walked around the boardwalk. After dinner there, we found our way to a huge Myrtle Beach attraction called Broadway at the Beach. There was a fun house, zip lines, medieval dinner show, pirate dinner show, an aquarium, and shops galore all together. We just walked around for a couple of hours looking at everything. We stopped in a toy store and Eva saw an Elmo stuffed animal. She was sporting some huge smiles while looking at him, which convinced Grandma and Grandpa she had to have him. I have never seen her so attached to a toy. She loves Elmo up every day. She talks and laughs with him, spanks him (thanks dad!) and kisses him. She is a happy girl when Elmo is around. Overall, I was really impressed with the attractions/decoration/shops at Myrtle Beach, specifically at Broadway on the Beach.

4 comments:

  1. I love the pictures of Eva with Elmo. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun! We haven't been to Myrtle beach yet, but now I really want to go :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eva is getting so big! I love the picture of her getting so excited to have that Elmo doll. Okay, so you need to email me your thoughts on SC. Where are you guys living and such? Cause Chase and I are trying to determine our preferences for the Air Force and we both are drawn to the Carolinas. So we want to know what people that live there think. When you get a chance I'd love to hear your thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your daughter is so stinkin cute!! Your posts make me want to visit the Carolinas, and have a cute baby girl:)

    ReplyDelete