Friday, June 5, 2009

Day 3 : Seattle, WA

Slow down and enjoy life. It’s not only the scenery you miss by going too fast - you also miss the sense of where you are going and why. - Eddie Cantor




I thought this quote summarized our first official adventure into the city together. We had the mission of finding Fremont Troll and Kerry Park in Queen Anne. These are two places where we had actually been before, but never on our own, and never with the purpose of getting some great photos for endless blogging opportunities. Anyway, Brad drove us into the city of Seattle. I got excited just seeing the tall buildings and not knowing where we were going. Finding the Fremont Troll was fairly easy. There are very convenient signs pointing unknowing drivers to the Fremont Bridge. The Fremont Troll is very impressive. It was constructed by four artists. I think it adds a sense of community to the area. It is a break from the every day bustle of the city. It gives it some "spice". I really liked it, as you can see in the photo, I couldn't keep my lips off it. :)



Our second mission was to go to Queen Anne Hill specifically to Kerry Park. Brad and I had also been here before, but again, we wanted to go and enjoy the 180* view of Seattle ourselves. (We don't really just do these things for blogging as I mentioned above, I'm not sure if my sarcasm is evident via the internet, so I thought I should clarify.) We only had to turn around and re-turn around 100 times and finally stop and ask directions at a local 7-11 in order to find the park. It was worth the journey. The view is amazing. This is where you can really take in all the good things about Seattle: the skyscrapers, the people, the water, etc. This may be my favorite place just because of the quiet moment Brad and I shared as we looked out (feeling small and speechless) over the whole of Seattle.

**Scariest part of the journey? Surprisingly it was not the troll, it was the hills, and the narrow streets. I had to hold my breath every time we found ourselves going up a steep city hill in our little stick shift car. No worries, we survived!

From this post, I can tell that today is a day that I feel like talking. And, as I look around my apartment, there is no one to talk to. I'm sorry my thoughts were scattered, I think---even now, I can't stop talking. I better end it before it's too late, and you think I'm completely nuts.


1 comment:

  1. Seattle is so pretty! I am happy that you are reunited with Brad too!

    ReplyDelete