Ok, so Brad wants me to make sure that I let anyone who reads this blog know that it is not always happy-go-lucky times in Seattle for us. On Friday night we decided to check out a great new park that Brad had found in downtown Everett. We went to Subway to pick up some sandwiches and headed to the park for a picnic. However, the evening did not start out so smoothly.First of all, Brad and I are huge fans of Subway. Unfortunately the Subway we went to had terrible customer service. The girl who helped us was great at going through her lines like a robot "would you like white, wheat, honey oat, blah blah blah?" etc. but she was not so great at the listening part. We would tell her how we wanted some things and she would totally ignore, or just not hear, what we had said. We left Subway feeling a little irritated. As we were walking out the door, Brad decided to say "Worst customer service ever!" a little louder than I would have liked. It made me feel embarrassed, but he was right. The picture abovet is Brad's take on all this subway business. He wanted to make sure I got a picture so that I could prove how unhappy he was with his Subway.
Secondly (My fourth graders would be proud of my use of the transition word 'secondly'.) Brad and I hit some major traffic. We forgot about "rush hour" and that it was a weekend. Once we got on the freeway we were in stop-and-go traffic for a good 20-30 minutes until we could reach an exit. We decided to wind our way through the city to the park instead of staying on I-5. These pictures are showing you all the traffic and how I like to blast my singing voice in order to keep myself and Brad entertained during the traffic wait. You can see in the 4th pic of this section how much Brad is loving my singing. His enjoyment is written all over his face. Don't worry though, because he finally started to join in. The last picture is proof that he really does sing in the car with me.
Once we got to the park, we scarfed down our sandwiches (we were starving!) and started to finally unwind. We enjoyed the view and then took a small nap under the sun. After our nap we explored more of the park and found that it had an arboretum (apparently this means tree garden, or something like that) and we walked through the garden and admired all the trees and plants. If your wondering what the picture with the red thingy is showing I will tell you! This is a picture of Brad choosing not to comply with my request for him to stick his head in the O. Instead, he wanted to stick his bum in it. I took a picture and am now putting it on the internet just to spite him.
Soo pretty! I've been to the arboretum at by U.W. but not this one so now I have a new place to go explore! I love that you guys took a nap there, that is so fun!
ReplyDeleteI love that Brad said that out loud about the customer service. That is totally something Jeff would do. Not gonna lie...when i read your "about us" section and saw that 6th grade in parentheses, my heart dropped a little! Sad! I think I am still in denial a little bit. Love the singing pictures.
ReplyDelete