Saturday A.M (about 10:00 am)
We picked up my life long friend Kathryn McDonald from Lake City and she directed us to an herb fair that was going on at Bastyr University (where she is going to be a student). We walked around the fair and looked at all the booths. I had so much fun being with Kathryn! It had been way too long since I had seen her. While we were at the fair, we found out they were doing acupuncture for free. So, as shady as it sounds, we all decided to do it! I would never have had the guts to do acupuncture by myself, but somehow I always seem to do things out of my comfort zone when I am with Kathryn. She helps me live a little! Don't worry, it was very sanitary and students at Bastyr University who are studying acupuncture were the ones who did it. They are trained professionals! Here are some pictures that show some acupuncture going on and the booths at the herb fair Bastyr University used to be a monestary and it is situated in a park full of trees and hiking trails. It was really beautiful! I'm glad Kathryn shared it with us. Below is a picture of my good friend Kathryn and I and we are in the herb garden that they had at the university.
The time at the herb fair flew by. Along with acupuncture we also got a massage and went to a cooking class. I was sad when we were ready to go, because that meant we would have to take Kathryn home. Luckily, we convinced Kathryn to spend the rest of the day with us! We all went into the city. It was very lucky that we had Kathryn along to guide us, or this day would have ended up being very confusing for Brad and I. Plus, I was so excited to spend the whole day with her!!
Saturday P.M. (about 12:30)
We headed to downtown Seattle. Our first goal was to park the car and then get something to eat. We were walking down to Pike Place Market when I spotted one of my favorite Seattle stores that my sister-in-law Carrie had introduced me to: The Chocolate Box. It's a really cute chocolate store that sells unique gifts that all have to do with chocolate. Also, they have a small drinks menu and some gelato flavors. We bought some European Sipping Chocolate to drink. It is hot dark, dark chocolate. Kathryn and I loved it. Brad hated it. He's more of a milk chocolate guy.

Saturday P.M. (about 2:00)
Saturday P.M. (about 2:00)
So, after the brief stop in The Chocolate Box we finally made it to Pike Place Market. We were starving by this time and Kathryn recommended a crepe shop that is in the back of the Market. Brad and I love crepes, so we decided to give this place a try. It was called Crepe de France. We ordered a ham & cheese crepe, a crepe with delicious jam, and a crepe stuffed with strawberries, bananas, and nutella. The last crepe mentioned was my favorite!
Saturday P.M. (about 3:00)
After we ate our delicious crepes we started to walk around Pike Place Market. I think we got a pretty good look at almost every booth there. It was fun to see the different art, food, and talents of all the vendors. Brad's favorite part of Pike Place: a car that he spotted. My favorite part: the flower booths. Enjoy the following pics of our adventures at the market.
Saturday P.M. (about 5:00)
After the market we decided to walk up to the Space Needle and see that up close as well as wander around the surounding park. We decided not to actually go up the Needle because the line was crazy long and our legs were feeling a little tired. We walked around the Needle instead and we found that live band was playing. We saw a very happy older man dancing to the music. He had no shirt on and was wearing a pinky/purply flowy skirt and was dancing with material in his hand. It was pretty funny. And amazing. So I had to take a picture. After we saw that we didn't think anything could top it, but we decided to see if the fountain near the Key Arena could. The fountain was awesome! Water would shoot out from the top. It kept us entertained and gave us a spot to rest.
Saturday P.M. (about 6:00)
After the Space Needle and fountain we decided to check out the Golden Gardens. None of us knew what the Golden Gardens was. Personally, I was expecting a garden. Or something golden. I don't know. It took us a long time to find the place, though. I was convinced that I saw a sign for the Golden Gardens somewhere near the Fremont Troll, which was so so wrong. So, after we figured that that was completely wrong, we stopped and asked someone for directions. After a long drive and lots of turns, we finally made it to the Golden Gardens. It was not a garden, and there was nothing golden. It was a beach park area. It was really beautiful. It was also a very popular hang out for Seattle locals. The place was packed! There were tons of picnics and BBQs going on, as well as beach volleyball, and even a wedding reception. This was a really cool park. It had a beach feel and a forest feel to it. I really liked it and was pleasantly surprised. I would love to go back for a picnic.
Yay I'm the first to comment on our adventure! oh that was so fun and I like your spin on the trip I was crackin up! I can't wait to finish up finals and come visit your lovely face!
ReplyDeletehow did you feel after the acupuncture? Was it amazing?
ReplyDeleteHolly! Your blog is so cute! It also looks like you are having tons of fun up in WA! I love all of your pictures and fun adventures! Keep posting!
ReplyDelete